Friday, February 20, 2009

First Guest Post: Clam Chowda

Today I am featuring my first guest post from my sister's boyfriend Jack. If you would like to guest post let me know. Just cook something, take pictures of it, write up a little blurb and include a recipe. Keep checking back for more.

Chowda ~ Jack Every

One of my all time favorites, being from New England, is a nice bowl of New England clam chowder. The subtle smokiness combined with the plump clams and potatoes are my idea of heaven. While I maintain to be sort of a purist (I shy away from putting lots of crackers in my chowder), I do like some sort of bread for dipping--or better yet, chowder in a bread bowl!

Sometimes, chowders can be too dense and thick, to which I am quite critical. However, this recipe from Jasper White is fantastic. You can even substitute the salt pork for 4oz. of turkey bacon, and it will come out just fine. You can find the recipe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment